- Acquire skills in math, English and science through offered tutorial services to pass to the next school grade and graduate with a high school diploma
- Identify the key elements of becoming a college student, including: SAT/ACT Test Preparedness, A – G high school requirements, and college matriculation steps
- Apply for college admittance, financial aid and enroll in the fall term after high school graduation
- Maintain community ties through community service and outreach.
The Talent Search Program at Mt. San Jacinto College provides economically disadvantaged and first generation college-bound students with academic support, access and exposure to postsecondary education.
Talent Search is a team effort. This pre-college program, working in cooperation with three schools within the San Jacinto Unified School District, enables students to complete high school and enroll in a postsecondary educational program of their choice.
Talent Search is 100% federally funded by the U.S. Department of Education, and is part of the TRiO Programs. Two-thirds of the applicants selected must be low-income and/or first generation college students. (This means that neither parent has graduated from a four-year university.)
Qualifications – How can I participate?
- Be a middle or high school student (Monte Vista and North Mountain Middle Schools, and San Jacinto High School);
- Complete and submit an application;
- Meet the Department of Education’s income guidelines and family educational requirements;
- Demonstrate commitment to complete middle school, attend high school and plan to enroll in college;
- Participate in activities, workshops, trips and events related to Talent Search;
- Enroll in appropriate college preparatory classes;
- Maintain a 2.0 (C) or better in all academic courses.
- Admission into the Mt. San Jacinto College Talent Search program is open to those who meet eligibility criteria, regardless of gender, race, national origin, color, age, religion or disability.
For more information about the Talent Search Program contact:
- Talent Search Office, Mt. San Jacinto Campus Room 751, (951) 487-3274; or
- Eva Angeles – Talent Search Advisor
(951) 487-3270 or email@example.com