Cooperative Work Experience Education
The Cooperative Work Experience Education (CWEE) Program is a unique program that has been integrated into academic departments throughout the College. The program allows students to apply knowledge gained in their college courses with practical work experience to develop job readiness skills. This would be in a paid or unpaid work setting that provides elective college credits
Menifee Valley Campus
(951) 672-MSJC (6752)
Career Education (951) 639-5352
STEP 1: You must be enrolled as a Mt. San Jacinto College student.
STEP 2: You must be working or have identified a job in a paid or unpaid position directly related to your major or occupational goals.
STEP 3: You must have completed at least one course in your major.
STEP 4: You must attend a mandatory Orientation session to receive information about the program and to complete the necessary paperwork.
Mandatory Orientations are held just prior to the beginning of the semester.
Required Work Hours per Unit
The maximum total units that can be earned are 16 units.
- Apply critical thinking, research, analysis and resolution for work-related and personal objectives.
- Convert classroom instruction to the employment environment through the development and attainment of three (3) learning objectives.
- Write specific, measurable, achievement, relevant and time objectives to new or expanded workplace responsibilities.
- Develop and apply personal skills, attitudes, and competencies in the workplace and within the course-related activities.
- Demonstrate effective communication and technological awareness through the use of technologies (Internet, email, and telephone) in ways appropriate to the course.
- Demonstrate accountability for their personal actions at work and as it relates to the course.
- Research resources for education and/or career options.