Exams Administered by Other Agencies
Students interested in Credit for Prior Learning using examinations administered by agencies approved by the district shall receive credit as recommended by the appropriate department chair or faculty designee.
Enrollment services shall grant credit for examinations administered by other agencies that have already been evaluated and approved by the appropriate department chair or faculty designee.
If an examination administered by other agencies has not yet been evaluated and approved by the appropriate faculty designee:
- The student meets with the department chair or faculty designee to receive further instructions for examinations administered by other agencies
- The student submits any documentation about the examinations and the agency to the department chair or faculty designee for assessment of prior learning
- If the department chair or faculty designee determine examinations administered by other agencies adequately measure mastery of the course content as set forth in the Course Outline of Record, the appropriate faculty shall sign the petition with the recorded grade, attach the industry recognized credential(s), and forward the completed petition and supporting documents to the Enrollment Services Office to be kept on file and recorded on the student transcript
- Department must determine what grade on the exam counts as a Passing grade
- MSJC enforces the completion of a 12 units of credit minimum for residency and these 12 units of credit must be taken at MSJC and must be on the transcript prior to any other credit being posted. Evaluation of other transcripts can occur without residency at MSJC.