The following core matriculation services are provided to assist students in achieving their educational goals in their program of study.
- Counseling and other educational planning services;
- Referrals to specialized support services; and
- Evaluation of the student’s academic progress for intervention.
It is the student’s responsibility to participate in these activities by:
- Identifying an education and/or career goal;
- Participating in orientation;
- Participating in counseling services and completing an abbreviated student education plan on entry; and
- Completing a comprehensive student education plan upon completion of fifteen (15) units or within two (2) semesters.
Students who do not complete the above activities may be considered a non-matriculated student and will not receive priority registration when registering for courses.
A student may qualify for exemption from placement based on the following criteria:
- Completion of an associate degree or higher from a regionally accredited college;
- Enrollment in coursework to pursue personal enrichment or maintain a certificate/license;
- Students with “Special Admit Status” (students concurrently enrolled in high school and college)
- All students are required to participate in orientation and counseling services including the development of a student educational plan.